There are important settings to pay attention to when setting up your Pitch IQ course. The below is a deep dive of Pitch IQ set-up and setting options.
Important Pitch IQ Settings:
1. Course Creation Step 1:
Make sure to carefully set the “Show Social and Pitch activity across groups” toggle. Once the course is published, this setting cannot be changed.
- Toggling to “Yes” will allow all Learners taking the course to see all comments in the social thread, regardless of user group. This setting will also allow pitch activity across all groups assigned, if the Pitch IQ Leaderboard is enabled (Course Creation Step 4 – Pitch).
- IE: If Groups A, B and C are assigned to the course, Group A will be able to see activity from anyone in any group.
- Toggling to “No” will only allow Learners within the same group to interact via the social thread. If the Pitch IQ Leaderboard is enabled, Learners will ONLY be able to view pitches from those submitted by members of the same group.
- IE: If Groups A, B and C are assigned to the course, Group A will ONLY be able to see social and pitch activity from others in Group A, not Groups B and C.
2. Course Creation Step 4:
You will be prompted to specify the Pitch scenario and response type. Once the course is published, the pitch response type cannot be changed. All users must submit the same pitch type for each course (IE: if webcam is selected, every user assignd to the course must submit a webcam video).
Target Time is the time you would like your users to aim for in their response. The recording will not shut off or time out if the pitch has reached the time length. The Target Time simply serves as a guideline.
Offical Scorer indicates who will determine the official score of the Learner’s Pitch for that course. If Admin is selected, the Admins on the Admin Panel will determine the official score of each Pitch. If Peers is selected, the Learners within that course will determine the offical score of each Pitch. Peers will be able to grade each Pitch across the course OR only the Pitches submitted by users in their assigned group (as specificied in Course Creation Step 1 “Show Social and Pitch activity across groups”).
# of Peer Reviewers indicates the number of peer reviews you want each Learner to give. Peers will be able to grade each Pitch or only the Pitches submitted by users in their assigned group (as specificied in Course Creation Step 1 “Show Social and Pitch activity across groups”).
- IE: If # of Peer Reviewers is set to 3, each Learner that submits a pitch will be prompted to score 3 of his/her peers. Videos are randomly selected.
# of Pitches on Leaderboard identifies how many pitches will display on each Leaderboard.
- If Admin is selected as the Official Scorer and number of Peer Reviewers is set to 0, only the specificied number of top performing pitches (0, top 4, top 8, top 16 or All) will display in the Admin Leaderboard.
- If Admin is selected as the Official Scorer and number of Peer Reviewers is above 0, the number of pitches selected will display in each Leaderboard (Admin and Peer).
- If Peers is selected as the Official Scorer and there are no Admins scoring pitches, only the specified number of pitches will show in the Peer Leaderboard.
Admins for the course will be responsible for Pitch scoring – especially if Admin is specified as the Official Scorer. The Admins’ scores help dictate what pitches are shown on the Admin Leaderboard. A user must have one of the 3 following permission levels in order to score from an Admin perspective: Reporting Admin or Manager permission level. If a user is not the Admin Panel, he/she will not be able to score pitched.